Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

I have a 2004 Dodge Durango Limited with a Hemi. My

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Dodge Durango Limited with a Hemi. My transmission is staying in 4 wheel lock--I never use 4 wheel lock and only use AWD. Is there some easy way I can move it back to AWD and keep it there. It seems to be cycling on its own at times. The
service*****light is on.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The service 4 Wheel light comes on when the system sees a system fault and when this happens the system will set and store a fault code and or codes, in order to determine what id failing and causing the problem you are having you are going to need to start with having the computer system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with them we can work from there to determine the cause.