Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Engine tacs up but no power at take off. Shifts into 2nd and

Customer Question

Engine tacs up but no power at take off. Shifts into 2nd and drives fine. Makes the same "reved-up" sound when idling. There is also a clinking sound coming from where the drive shafts meets the tranny. Any ideas?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

For the noise concern you need to remove the driveshaft and check the joints in hand then check the output shaft bushing to see if its is not supporting the driveshaft correct. Reving up with little movement in drive 1st gear means you have internal slippage occurring. That means an overhaul is needed to address the damaged clutch internally.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 12 months ago.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris