Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

My trouble began when I got a transmission changed on my

Customer Question

Customer: My trouble began when I got a transmission changed on my 2006 Cadillac CTS 2.8 V6 under warranty & aside from needing this service, my car was running fine. When my car was returned to me I drove it for approximately 3 weeks and it began to run ruff. I took it back to the transmission repair service & it had a transmission fluid leak, they said they put two seals on it & I barely made it home with my car & a list of issues provided by the co. stating that I needed a Camshaft/Crankshaft Correlation-position sensor B
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The code for the previous information is P0017 , P0008 Engine Position System Performance Bank 1
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Cadillac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: P0204 Cylinder 4 misfire , I replaced the Crankshaft Position Sensor , and I found that the rubber covering was damaged on the knock Sensor, I scaned my car & only got a code to change the fuel pump relay, which I did change. My car engine turns but will not start.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

Most likely either the crankshaft position sensor was accidentally damaged when the transmission was installed or the wiring has gotten pinched between the engine and the transmission. Both of these issue is common because of the proximity of the crankshaft sensor to the back of the block and the technicians inability to see it, same with the wiring harness which is almost impossible to see as well, when the transmission is being installed. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not Please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after rating is given, until you are completely satisfied with my answers..