Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

2006 vw Jetta manual tranny 156k Engine surges like its

Customer Question

2006 vw Jetta manual tranny 156k
Engine surges like its going to stall if pedal is blipped when car is started.this has happened a number of times. Increasing the revs "NOTE car in neutral. " smoothe out idle, but the moment I remove foot from pedal engine surges up and down. Thanks
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not had the engine checked over for any vacuum leaks this needs done.If any leaks are found the leaks will need to be repaired to correct this fault here.I have seen vacuum leaks as well as carbon build up in the throttle body needing cleaned out cause this issue.If these were already checked or cleaned and did not correct the issue let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete