Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

2007 Kia Spectra code p2757

Customer Question

2007 Kia Spectra code p2757
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Are you sure that code is right, Kia shows this as an invalid code and so does my aftermarket repair site I have access to?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well the owner's car died so the codes are gone. the problem is intermittent and the valve body is removed but I'm pretty sure it was p1757
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do remember specifically the code reading "Torque Converter Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Control Circuit Performance/Stuck Off" so despite the number, it has to do this the TCC.Is there a separate computer for the transmission on this car?

Do any of the codes in the file below ring a bell?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/codes.png

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Moose.The closest one in that file it P0741, Tourque Converter Clutch Circuit stuck Off.

Thanks, ***** ***** a TCM transmission control module that is integral to the dash fuse panel. The TCC solenoid is the one with a white wire. Remove teh solenoid and apply power and ground to it in both directions to confirm it works. If it does work then the concern is the converter clutch sticking and the torque converter needing to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok cool. First things first, where is the solenoid located?

The solenoid is on the valve body.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are a row of 5 solenoids attached to a common bracket plus one on the side. I am assuming is the pressure regulating solenoid. I will just test them all.

The TCC solenoid is the one with a white wire to it.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris