Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  30+ years of practical experience in the automotive industry
2947720

I have 2005 escalade it wont go into park. If I put it into

Customer Question

good morning I have 2005 escalade it wont go into park. If I put it into reverse, star moving, then put into park while still moving it will sometimes go into park. it acts like is in neutral but wont start unless it is put into neutral. please help? thank you
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

It sounds like the shifter cable is just out of adjustment..

I can get the instructions for adjusting it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi if this is so than why do all other gears work properly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought that my answer would include the fix? as in what to do? how to fix it? but you want 10 more bucks?
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

No, the answer is to adjust the shift cable. In the even that you don't know how to do that, I can send a link with the instructions, either to your email or 'my' dropbox, if you would like, thanks.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

I have the instructions in a PDF format, at the following link. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzartp7jusqa7ad/Automatic%20Transmission%20Range%20Selector%20Cable%20Adjustment.pdf?dl=0

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****