Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

2003 Saturn Vue automatic transmission wont shift up or down

Customer Question

2003 Saturn Vue automatic transmission wont shift up or down its got reverse and drive dont thank its sliping
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris and independent contractor that helps customers here.

Have you checked the condition of the transaxle oil?

Any warning lights on?

Are you saying it acts like it is stuck in 1st gear in your CVT transaxle?

Thanks for letting me assist you. I hope I met all your expectations.

Please make sure to leave 1-5 star feedback when you can. If am not able to get every post rated I will no longer be able to help customers here. Selecting a star rating good or bad or not at all, has no effect on the fee you have been charged.

Do you no longer need help on this concern?

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never got answered and I was charged 48.00 plus 58.00 for membership not pleased

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

I do not know why no one answers your question in December when it was asked. I have no control over the fees and or if you sign up for a subscription plan. You can ask and address the payment concerns by calling or emailing JA. Which engine do you have ans is the vehicle AWD? Any warning lights on? Any concerns with the transaxle oil?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its like its stuck in first and it has reverse i put a input and output senser in top transmission got clean transfluid new filter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its alwheel drive

Thanks, ***** ***** warning lights and trouble codes?

Any transaxle fluid issues?

Are you able to do trans internal electrical and hydraulic and mechanical diag and repair?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its not showing any codes no leaks it will take off good wont shift out what ever

I assume you are able to do diag and repair being you did not comment on that question. So we need to start with a scan tool accessing the computer to see if the park neutral switch is showing the correct gear you have selected. Then we need to see if the PCM is commanding a shift to 2nd. If its commanding it then that means there is a internal solenoid, valve or clutch issue we need to address.