Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Have a trans that wont engage. have codes of 55-87. 55-97.

Customer Question

have a trans that wont engage. have codes of 55-87. 55-97. 25-11 and 55-17. once cleared only 55-87 and 55-97 come back and alternate with key cycle. thanks . I believe its a MD 3060?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing to check as this was a common issue is the wiring leading to and at the transmission for any breaks or damage to it or even corrosion.If a fault is found with the wiring it will need to be repaired to correct this here.If no issues are found with the wiring at all let me know so we can continue from here with this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete