Dr.Carz
Dr.Carz, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years of exp. 10 with ford on my third with all other makes.Just love cars
35496794

I have a 2008 ram 2500 5.7. I just changed the trans fluid

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2008 ram 2500 5.7. I just changed the trans fluid and got p0841 code. cleared code and now transmission is slow to engage in both reverse and drive. once it engages trans shifts fine however it stalled once when it was cold and I was coming to a stop.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: that is all the detail I have. was wondering if I have a problem or if the computer is relearning based on driving
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

The dtc is for pressure control solenoid not changing state when commanded or slow response. Did you refill the transmission with it running in neutral? Did you replace the filter?

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

I am curious on how the transmission is?