rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2007 toyota 4runner 4.0l 2wd automatic transmission will not

Customer Question

2007 toyota 4runner 4.0l 2wd automatic transmission will not shift out of 3 and fourth gear into drive, tried shifting manually still want shift
need help?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

The fluid level needs to be clean and full. If it is, then the pan needs to be dropped and an inspection need to be done including the valve body and all the clutches.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Change experts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You answer was unacceptable
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Why? it's all true information. If you want to opt out, go ahead.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Want different tech
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Go ahead and otp out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Want refund!