Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

Type your question heremy geo tracker battery had grounded

Customer Question

Type your question heremy geo tracker battery had grounded off on the burnett with lots of smoke from the battery then my transmission start giving problems, it goes in reverse but when I put it in drive the gear sticks in number one it just not changing is there something bunt because the battery grounded off
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

It is very likely something has be damaged due to having grounded the circuit. In order to try and help you we need to know what it is you are working on, year, make and model please. It would also be very useful to scan the computer system to see if there are any fault codes setting. Post back with complete information and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My car is a 1997 chevy geo tracker
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

So have you scanned the computer system to see if there are any fault codes setting?