sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

I have got a Pajero 3500 V6 automatic 2001 model. I have two

Customer Question

I have got a Pajero 3500 V6 automatic 2001 model. I have two problems, firstly my gears change up to third gear and do not want to select fourth. Secondly after driving for a while it seems to have fuel starvation, it does not want to accelerate properly, moving forward with jerks. When I stop and switch the vehcle off and start it again it seems to be ok for a short while and starts with the jerking again. The 'Check Engine' light/indicator appears on dashboard display. please help.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You likely have more than one problem going on but it's possible the lack of power could be related to the transmission issue.

The engine light has come on because the engine controller has seen an issue in a monitored component or system and has set a fault code. The first step in diagnosing the problem is to see what fault codes have set. Have you read codes at least from the engine controller?