Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

New clutch won't shift into gear can start in gear and

Customer Question

New clutch won't shift into gear can start in gear and doesn't try to move
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris and independent contractor that helps customers here.

Can I get the year,make, and model?

The reason you can not get it into gear running is because the clutch disc is still spinning. It is not being fully released from a hydraulic system issue with the slave and master or the pressure plate or clutch are damaged or not the correct parts or the pilot bearing is bad.

Thanks for letting me assist you. I hope I met all your expectations.

Please make sure to complete the required rating when ready so I am compensated by the website from the site and question fees you have already been charged. If your not able to rate my response, let me know why, so I can help more, and stay in contact with you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's an 05 Nissan Altima 6spd when the clutch is pushed in you can see the fork moving, if you start it in first clutch pushed in it will move like it's released took the starter used my scope and can see the clutch releasing from the disc

The clutch is not releasing enough. The Fork is not pressing the pressure plate in far enough or the wrong pressure plate and clutch were used or the parts were damaged or the pilot bearing is bad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pilot bearing new the parts are correct and if you put it in gear and start it you can feel it grab towards the middle

You are going to need to verify the clutch fork is moving the full distance, can not move forward anymore. If that is fine then its needs to come back out to inspect it again to see if there is an issue with the parts in the bell housing.

Were Nissan parts used?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well you can move the fork further then where the slave cylinder is pushing it too

If you can move the fork further then the clutch hydraulic system has an issue, like air in the system that needs to be bleed out.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 12 months ago.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris