ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech
Experience:  Over 25yrs experience as Shop manager and tech
3195632

I have a 2002 93 Saab the shift indicator stayed in park

Customer Question

I have a 2002 93 Saab the shift indicator stayed in park when shifted into drive trany light came on and car drove in limp mode. Waited a while with car off started pressed hard on brake pedal and shift indicator moved car drives fine only trany light is on?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

This may be a faulty shift indicator position switch or faulty transmission range switch. Because it basically reset it self and is working at the this point, it is an intermittent issue, likely a loose connection or wire at harness connector. The most likely is the shift indicator position switch at the shifter assembly. The floor console would need to be removed and connector and wires inspected and repaired as needed. This does set a fault code which trips the transmission light, and will need to be erased and reset with a scan tool

Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks