Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Transmission on 2001 jeep cherokeee started it up this

Customer Question

Customer: transmission on 2001 jeep cherokeee started it up this morning and gear selector seems to move very freely almost like it is not engaging but when try to put it back into park very difficult.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: wont move forward or in reverse
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jeep Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem
when you try to shift it into drive or reverse what does the transmission indicator say for what gear it is in ?

if you get under the drivers side of the transmission is the shift cable still connected to the little lever off the side of the transmission ?