sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

2004 dodge dakota wont move all kinds of codes p0700 p0870

Customer Question

Customer: 2004 dodge dakota wont move all kinds of codes p0700 p0870 p0845 p0732 p1790 p0944 before this it junp out of gear around 35 to 45 mph
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: trans fluild is bright red looks good but vehicle wont go into any gear
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You could have a mechanical failure in the trans but I suspect you simply have a filter issue. P0944 is for a loss of prime and has most likely set as a result of it not engaging.

You most likely have a damaged sump filter or the filter has popped out of the seal that holds it into the pump, either way the pump is almost surely sucking air instead of pulling fluid from the pan. This will cause little or no line pressure and the trans won't engage.

What I would recommend is dropping the pan and inspecting/replacing the filters. I believe the sump filter either has a split seam or has popped out of the pump.