Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Have po735 and po746 after driving 5 miles, new valve body,

Customer Question

have po735 and po746 after driving 5 miles, new valve body, no discoloration of fluid and no clutch material or metal in pan when I replaced valve body, also replaced turbin speed sensor and vss sensor
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris and independent contractor that helps customers here.

Are you asking for the diag steps on these codes?

Are there any transmission driving symptoms?

Thanks for letting me assist you. I hope I met all your expectations.

Please make sure to complete the required rating when ready so I am compensated by the website from the site and question fees you have already been charged. If your not able to rate my response, let me know why, so I can help more, and stay in contact with you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
checking for common problems related to these code, not including valve body or speed sensors

0735 indicates 5th gear has slipped. Since you have already replaced the sensors you would be monitoring. There is no need to check there readings. Since you did not indicate you need the diag steps on this code, its so far leading to internal issues in the transmission causing this clutch to slip at times.

0746 indicates solenoid A is stuck off. If you replaced the solenoids with the valve body then its not the solenoid to blame. Which can mean the wiring has an issue or the transmission has an issue internally and the computer thinks the solenoid is the issue.

If you do decide you need the diag steps, let me know.

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.