ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech
Experience:  Over 25yrs experience as Shop manager and tech
3195632

2003 saturn vue with cvt transm in limp mode will not come

Customer Question

2003 saturn vue with cvt transm in limp mode will not come out of overdrive. reverse neutral and drive functions all work just no real power. will get up to 55mph or so but wont go over 3000 rpm. I have fail to shift codes on 3 selenoids but also have the 1791 throttle code. the transmission was replaced.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

The P1791 code is for the APP sensor and when set automatically puts the transmission into limp in mode. You need to check the wiring between the APP sensor and pcm and repair is any shorts are found. If wiring is good, replace the APP sensor

Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks