sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

My 2007 Tundra is stuck in 4 low. It is turned to 2wd. Never

Customer Question

My 2007 Tundra is stuck in 4 low. It is turned to 2wd. Never turned it to 4 low. Got in it this morning to take off and noticed the 4 low light and traction light blinking.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The most likely cause for it shifting into four low on it's own would be an inaccurate signal from the position sensor inside the transfer case motor. Usually this happens because the transfer case module receives an inaccurate position input from the transfer case motor so it thinks it's in an unrequested position and the module attempts a shift when it shouldn't.

If you start the engine, put the trans in gear and let off the brake, attempt a shift into two wheel drive and pop the transmission shifter into neutral will it shift out of four low?