ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech
Experience:  Over 25yrs experience as Shop manager and tech
3195632

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee, put in drive takes a while to

Customer Question

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee, put in drive takes a while for trans to engage. While drive along at higher RPM until kicks in. Once kicks in there is no slipping at all. Just from Park to Drive.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Many things can cause this, ranging from low fluid level to worn 1st gear worn bands or clutches.

Fluid level and condition needs to be checked first. If fluid is low, top off fluid level. If fluid is black or has a burnt smell, the fluid and filter needs to be replaced.

If fluid level and fluid condition are good, then transmission will need to come out and torn down and inspected and worn parts replaced - basically a partial rebuild

Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?