Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  I have been rebuilding automatic transmissions for 25 years
14541291

They towed my 1998 Acura Home last night I wont shift into

Customer Question

They towed my 1998 Acura Home last night I wont shift into any gears when I move the shift lever. Is there any easy to get into a gear to allow me to move it to a garage for evaluation of the transmission and related equipment? I don't want to pay another tow bill.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

you can manually shift the transmission at the transmission shift lever[be sure you have the park brake on].

if it is making a noise when you try to shift to park,this sounds as if the transmission is turning,if this is the case,you may have a broken cv joint on an axle

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1yqz6bugouw4kv/1114-acura-REPLACEMENT.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/a1yqz6bugouw4kv/1114-acura-REPLACEMENT.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help