ASETech32605
ASETech32605, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner, Chief Mechanic- Repair Shop
71884037

I have 2002 X5 3.0 and the transmission fail safe program

Customer Question

I have 2002 X5 3.0 and the transmission fail safe program warning came on?
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel I do not authorize any more transactions on my card, and this is being given to my bank also
Expert:  ASETech32605 replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** am an ASE certified mechanic with over 15 years experience.

The Transmission fail safe mode is something that should not be ignored.

This message is displayed when the transmission has a major internal failure.

You should take your vehicle in for service right away!

If you are the avid do-it-yourselfer, you might try and procure some genuine BMW atf from the dealership, drain the transmission fluid and fill it up to the proper level. This is about the most I would recommend without having extensive technical knowledge. Please make sure you use the proper fluid and fill to the correct level. Incorrect fluid type or level can cause serious problems to your transmission.

If there is anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Great it looks like you have fixed the problem with my help. I glad to be of assistance. If you require anything in the future, be sure to think of JustAnswer, and we will help you promptly.

Be sure to rate my answer(s) so I can get paid for my time. I do not get paid unless I get a positive rating.

Thanks and have a better day!

Is there anything else I can help you with? This question will close in 24 hours, unless you need more help.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im glad to be of assistance. If you require anything in the future, be sure to think of JustAnswer, and we will help you promptly.