SARMIENTO22556
SARMIENTO22556, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, ADVANCED ENGINE PERFORMANCE,OVER 20 YRS. ON ALL MAKES OF VEHICLES
8532170

Are the transmission problems with the 2012 Acura TL

Customer Question

Are the transmission problems with the 2012 Acura TL widespread or is it a fairly reliable transmission?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'd be happy to help! From a combination of both what I've seen and from what I'm reading on identifix no, there's not a common issue with transmissions on these, even the AWD which is surprising due to the sensitivity of just about any AWD transmission. I hope this helps. If you have any more questions let me know. Please don't forget to rate, they won't compensate me unless I've been rated. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, just want to clarify I'm referring to the torque converter issues the TL seems to have. Cars start to jerk and stutter and need a new torque converter. Are they generally ok after having the torque converter replaced?
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

I'm not aware of any overly common issues with torque converters on the 2012 models, but if that shudder you're describing is during acceleration only, then yes it should be back to normal with a torque converter replacement and not give you any more issues in that regard.

Expert:  SARMIENTO22556 replied 1 year ago.

There has been less torque converter issues than with previous models. Yes for the most part the problem is gone after the repair