sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

I have a LC with A440F transmission. I live in Zimbabwe and

Customer Question

I have a LC with A440F transmission. I live in Zimbabwe and there just aren't any people here who can fix it. I even sent the vehicle to Johannesburg and the problem persists. On a long run the transmission usually (but not always) gets extremely hot and after about 100km's it won't lock up in 4th. I slow right down for fear of it damaging itself. Next day, while cold, for the first few km's it won't change out of 1st gear but once warm it will run normally. I have had new clutch plate, valve bed serviced. Could the problem be with an oil pump or does it need to be blead ?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the trans is overheating it's either because of slippage, often the torque converter clutch, or because of a cooling issue. You may have a restriction in the cooler which is preventing fluid from flowing through it.

What year is the vehicle?

I assume the transmission was overhauled?