rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My 2002 Hyundai sonata, in the past two days, has been

Customer Question

My 2002 Hyundai sonata, in the past two days, has been making a grinding noise, presumably due to the transmission because when i put it into drive from reverse it jolts and makes a strange sound - like the passenger seat isnt locked into place but it is. I also notices a cable hanging down and torn up underneath my car
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.

I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!

I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a "positive rating" in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why "in advance", so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

There are too many things that can be, your best bet is to raised it on a lift to determine where this cable broke loose from. This doesn't sound serious, but you may not want to drive it too much that way.

Thanks, Ron