Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

I had my caddy deville-2000 transmission rebuilt due to

Customer Question

I had my caddy deville-2000 transmission rebuilt due to codes coming up on he emission test. It wouldn't pass. Now, after i drive for 10 or 15 min the speedometer starts going crazy and it won't shift gears. Goes to neutral while in park etc.. Transmission guy says it's not anything to do with tranny...
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It goes into neutral while driving down the road. Then it will shift back into drive---shift hard.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also says check coolant
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the computer is loosing the speedometer signal it will affect the transmission shift point. The problem could be a issue with the speed sensor but in order to know where to start you are going to need to have the computer system scanned and see if there are any fault code setting. If you can get this done and post back with the result we can work from there.