ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech
Experience:  Over 25yrs experience as Shop manager and tech
3195632

I have a 2004 jeep liberty renegade automatic 3.7L 4 wheel

Customer Question

I have a 2004 jeep liberty renegade automatic 3.7L***** Last night I put it in reverse and it would not move but it moved in every other gear. While in reverse and pushing gas tires didn't move but engine reved almost like it would if it was in park. I've only had the jeep since October 1 2015 and very frustrated
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, reverse gear is strictly the hydraulics, no electronics involved. Possible causes are reverse servo, cracked or worn drum, worn reverse band and clutches, or restriction in the valve body due to debris from worn parts.

Unfortunately the transmission will need to come down and inspected and rebuilt as required. There is no quick and easy solution for this.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?