Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

I have a 1967 Daimler sovereign like a 420 jaguar the auto

Customer Question

I have a 1967 Daimler sovereign like a 420 jaguar the auto transmission wont shift to high gear even if i do it manually is there a vacuum line or cable to assist the shifting?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has responded with the info you are looking for on this here.In some cases this can be due to the info being difficult to obtain or the correct person that may have this info may not be online.

This may be due to an internal mechanical fault in the transmission itself since it will not shift manually or automatically into the higher gear.In some cases the transmission may need removed and taken apart for inspection to locate and correct this issue here.I suspect this may need to be done on this model here.You can check and make sure all vacuum and any wiring connections are all secure at the transmission and leading from it to see if any faults are visibly found needing repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok this car has been sitting for a few years it has low miles i took the carbs off to clean them. So thats why i want to find out about a vaccuum line or cable for this car there are a lot of lines around the carbs i was thinking one may ne off or rotted through. the previous owner said the transmission was working fine. Fluid level is good and looks ok color wise i have been trying to find an online manual for this car but with no sucess
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this myself here.Due to the year and model this may be why no one else has replied with help here or that the person that may be able to help isn't online at this time.If you want I can open your question back up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further with this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok maybe you can do that for me thanks .i know some of the jag models used a th 350 or 400 transmission bu i dont know if this one does
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

No problem.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete