Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Cant find any site to verify my 5.4 l e250 van has the 4r70e

Customer Question

Cant find any site to verify my 5.4 l e250 van has the 4r70e tranny. Some site only show with 4.6 engine. Or 5.4 only has 4r70w. Nothing conclusive. My vin shows i have 330\5.4 engine 2005 . but i dont know with solenoids to order until I can verify which tranny it is. I know its 14 bolt.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  hdgene replied 1 year ago.

Hello, if you post the 17 digit vin I can tell you what powertrain is in the truck based on the vin number. Far as solenoids I would need to know more information as to why you need to change one

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

Your year model and engine only came with a 4R70/75W transmission. Inside there is a EPC solenoid, TCC solenoid, and SSA and SSB paired together.

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.