Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years GM master tech
19513769

My truck is literally gushing tyranny fluid. Not sure if

Customer Question

My truck is literally gushing tyranny fluid. Not sure if it's where the transfer case is married to the motor or the transmission pan gasket...maybe the front seal....? Not sure.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

will it only gush it out with the engine running ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

is it from the area where the transmission meets the engine ? or on the passenger side front of the transmission where the dip stick tube is and the 2 transmission cooler lines ?

can you wipe it down enough to see where exaclty it is coming from or at least narrow down the area ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Coming from where the transmission and the transfer case meet. Not the lines or fill tube. Rear of transmission.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

if it is coming from where the transfer case meets the transmission and it is NOT coming out of the top transmission or transfer case vent then clean off that area again and see if there are any cracks on the housing between the transmission and transfer case and also be sure the transfer case is tight

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No cracks noted. And everything is tight. And I would say it drips even when it's not running. But when I last moved it, it started as a drip then quickly went to a gush. Emptied itself of fluid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I maybe moved the truck 20 feet when I noticed a fluid trail. Pulling back into the driveway it started slipping. When I shut the truck off I noticed it was still dumping fluid.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

you need to add some transmission fluid and wipe down that area good and run the engine and see if you can narrow down the leak area

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

we do not want to guess at all hear as these parts and fixes can be very expensive

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yessir.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

ok

let me know

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?

you can always get me back through this post for FREE anytime even after you rate us here at Justanswer for any follow up anytime as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here