Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have Honda factory training in Transmission diagnosis and repair. 20 years Honda only experience.
75670266

My 2005 Honda Pilot is taking a time to shift/accelerate

Customer Question

Hi. My 2005 Honda Pilot is taking a long time to shift/accelerate and/or erratic acceleration after shifting from N to D. My mechanic says I need 1st, 2nd, and 3rd speed sensors. But I cant find anything like that on ebay or amazon (the speed sensors I've found don't have "1st"/"2nd" terms and don't have sets of three). Hence, this is probably his jargon. Please what's the correct term so that I can buy the part for him to fix?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

Your Pilot only uses 2 speed sensors for shift control and main-counter shaft speed monitoring. Both are the same part number but installed in different locations on the transmission housing. The correct part number is: 28810-P7W-004 Click on the part number for a online honda parts site. There is one option on Amazon and another on ebay.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. Please click on accept or the rating scale. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. I will continue to help after the rating so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man