Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

First off thanks and any assistance. So here goes. I have a

Customer Question

first off thanks for all and any assistance. So here goes. I have a 2001 Dodge ram 1500 slt with automatic trans and roughly 240,000 miles. a few weeks ago it started to misfire really bad while driving. initially I did not get a check engine light or anything. when I drove it the next time it would run great for about 50 miles then it would start misfiring again. this time I got a P1391 code. With that I went and replaced the Crankshaft position sensor. Cranked up and ran fine for 50 or so miles then starts misfiring again. P1391 comes up again. ( I cleared code out after I replaced sensor) so this time I change dist cap and rotor and cam sensor thats on dist. cranks up runs fine for about 50 miles then starts misfiring again. code as you guess P1391. This time I change the coil out and check plug wires. Now this time cranks up runs fine for about 50 miles then starts to misfire but this time I get P1391 and P0351. I have no idea what else to flipping do!! I can't afford to take it to a shop but I also can't afford to keep changing stuff out that does not fix the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Would you be willing to speak on the phone for an extra $5?