Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  I have been rebuilding automatic transmissions for 25 years
14541291

How do you get the rear c clip out of a a4w 4 speed

Customer Question

how do you get the rear c clip out of a a4w 4 speed automatic trans.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I see no one has replied with the help you are looking for here.In some cases this can be due to the info being difficult to obtain or the correct person that may have this info may not be online.

In know on some models removing a c clip like this here can require some special tools.If you can I would speak with either a dealer or an auto repair facility that works on this model to see if they can tell you for sure how this is removed and if any special tools are needed.If this is not an option for you on this here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
at this point i would like any answer. thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did not know the correct name for the transmission assembly that i need help with. it is the second brake assembly.i got the picture on line,but i do not have the special tool or the arbor press to push down the spring assembly so i can get c-clip out. thank you for ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

they didnt make a 4.0 in 85,i would think you have a 4.2

the common transmission used was the dodge 727

upload the pictures for me

is this your trans?