Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

Just got the gearbox malfunction message with the contact

Customer Question

Hi Tom! Just got the gearbox malfunction message with the contact Saab dealer on my car. In addition, it seems as though the transmission has been pulling or getting stuck particularly between 1&2 and 2&3 gears for a few months.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The malfunction light come on when the computer system sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to be able to try and help you determine the cause you are going to need to start first with having the computer scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieve. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you get this resolved.