Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I have a 99 ford f250 5.4 shifts hard from 2nd to 3rd dies

Customer Question

I have a 99 ford f250 5.4 shifts hard from 2nd to 3rd dies sometimes if put in 1st. baro reading after reset always goes back to 23.9 142hz from the 26 146 hz it should be for our area. curious on what could be causing that
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

A reading of 142 Hz is about 5700 above sea level

A reading of 146 Hz is about 4200 above sea level

I would not worry about those readings, there pretty darn close. Normally when this sensor fails its a huge difference from actual elevation. I also do not feel like this is causing the transmission issues.

Stalling when using manual 1st is caused by a pressure loss issue within the transmission valve body in this gear resulting in the converter starving and auto engaging the converter clutch. A harsh 2-3 shift can also be a valve body concern. You need to remove the valve and accumulator bodies and inspect the valves bores and springs for damage.

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.