Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

I have a 2011 Audi S4 with a manual transmission. Under hard

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Audi S4 with a manual transmission. Under hard acceleration and revving into the 5-6000rpm range, the motor seems to stay on throttle even after I am completely off the gas pedal (and clutch in to make my next shift). In other words, if I don't wait almost 2 seconds for rpms to drop, I end up re-engaging the clutch under power (causing premature wear on the clutch). It only does this in the high rpm range. It's as if the throttle body is lazy. Any ideas?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for any delay.

There are a couple of common components or issues that will cause this here.First is carbon build up in the throttle body bore and bore plate needing cleaned out with a shop rag with carb. or brake cleaner sprayed on the rag.The other issues are either the accelerator pedal sensor sending an incorrect signal (as this sensor may not set a fault code sometimes) or the throttle position sensor (this sensor will usually set a fault code turning on the check engine light if this is at fault).These two sensor signals need checked using a scan tool that has data communication capabilities to read the sensors data signals to see if one is staying applied when your foot is released.If the accelerator pedal sensor is faulty usually the entire accelerator pedal needs replaced and if the throttle position sensor is faulty usually the entire throttle body needs replaced.

I would start with having the throttle body cleaned and a throttle relearn done with a scan tool to see if it corrects the issue here.If this doesn't correct the fault then the sensor signals need checked into.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.