Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)
3rd gear is the direct clutch. This model transaxle is known for this issue because the direct clutch bushing and hub welds leak not allowing the pressure to get to the clutch piston fast and hard enough. The way this is addressed is by overhauling the transaxle using new seals through out and addressing the components causing the direct clutch to leak.
----------Once you get an answer----------
1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.
2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.
3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.
4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.
5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.
6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.