Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I have a 98 ford contour with a transmission cd4e and when

Customer Question

HI I'm Fernando i have a 98 ford contour with a transmission cd4e and when it is shifting from 2 to 3 gear it slips a bit before it engages,the oil is good, it works ok when cold but when warm it slips before the 3th gear engages
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

3rd gear is the direct clutch. This model transaxle is known for this issue because the direct clutch bushing and hub welds leak not allowing the pressure to get to the clutch piston fast and hard enough. The way this is addressed is by overhauling the transaxle using new seals through out and addressing the components causing the direct clutch to leak.

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.