Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Driving down the ghway today in my 2006 LR3 and a message

Customer Question

Driving down the highway today in my 2006 LR3 and a message came up telling me there is a transmission problem and an F came up on the dashboard where it shows what gear the vehicle is in. I stopped turned the car off and started it up again and the F went off of the dashboard but it happened again about 1/2 hour later. What could the problem be. Also starting to change gears with quite a jolt as well...
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

The F that is coming up on the display stands for failsafe, this happens when the ECU detects a issue with the transmission and this prevents damage to the transmission.

The issue that you are having sounds like a speed sensor malfunction, the first step is the vehicle will need to be scanned to retrieve the trouble codes.