Marty
Marty, Bosch Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch certified master technician. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Dont know if you received my prior question regarding the

Customer Question

dont know if you received my prior question regarding the gearbox. the service center which does have e a mercedes system state they dont know how or can't code the gearbox to my mercedes?? i am at a loss to what to tell them or what to do??
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, can you please provide some background on the issue? Can you also post the last 8 digits of your vin number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is from our prior conversation of installing the gearbox and new battery turning the key and getting no reaction at all. You corrected me stating that it would not and had to be coded to the car. I had a new gearbox shipped in, called the service provider today and they say they can't or dont know how to code it to the car. Here are the last 8 digits: 6A462279
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Ok, the transmission control module inside the transmission needs to be programmed using the Mercedes Star Diagnosis tester. Programming is done at the Mercedes dealer or can be done remotely by an independent agency. If the shop has the Mercedes tester they will need to contact Beckmann Technologies and get set up with BlueLink to program the module. I've attached links to their webpage below.

http://www.bluelinkdiag.com/index.aspx

http://www.bluelinkdiag.com/programming.aspx

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
good evening I emailed and talked with the mechanic shop they do have a Mercedes star diagnostic system they state they said the instructions I gave them were insulting and get them no good that they are unable to communicate with the gearbox any advice as I am at a total loss given there must be something they're not doing right or they would've fixed it by now given it had it for three weeks
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, if they have a clone Mercedes tester they may be having trouble communicating. Do you know if they are able to communicate with the old module?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will find out! i just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Beckmann technologies they were extrermly helpful and provided many answers and courses of action ill know ahortly
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Excellent! Let me know how you make out.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just checking in with you on the Mercedes. Did you manage to get it programmed?