Brad
Brad, Dealer Technician
Experience:  ASE Master,(L-1) Certified, Transmission Specialist
10114124

2009 dodge caliber 2.0 fwd with 170k miles.. transmission

Customer Question

2009 dodge caliber 2.0 fwd with 170k miles.. transmission will not shift from a dead start and when driving normal it shifts fine except when having to accelerate such as to pass the front end pulls to the right or left
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

How did the fluid look when you checked it? Also do you know what codes it has active?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
from your question about the trans fluid.. I don't think your qualified... please release my question for other dodge mechanics
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

I'm a 18 yr Dodge dealership technician.. It says you checked the fluid level, so what did the fluid look like? Burnt or red?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no dipstick for the trans fluid on the calibers...so what way can I check the fluid
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

I understand that there is no dipstick, but you stated you checked the fluid.. If you really didn't then you will need to have the fluid checked at your nearest Dodge dealership also have the codes checked and make sure the PCM is up to date.. If the fluid is burnt I would replace the transmission because we aren't allowed to rebuild the CVT transmissions yet..

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok... thanks for the info and yes I stated I checked the fluid, which I had not and had no clue about the trans til I checked on it over youtube.. appreciate the help.. take care
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome..

Thank you for the positive rating,

Brad