Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

My ESC light is constantly on and I have to put the shifter

Customer Question

My ESC light is constantly on and I have to put the shifter in maunual mode to get it to shift properly-- If I leave it in drive-- it doesnt shift right to the lower gears when I need it.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Once in a while-- I would say once a week the ESC light goes off with the start up of the ignition-- but the n after I turn off the car-- and start it again-- the light usually goes back on-- thsi also does not allow me to go into*****mode when the ESC light is on-- when I go into low*****mode-- the indicator light fro 4 wheel low blinks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

Have you had it scanned for codes? If so do you know those codes? I can diagnose this with more accuracy with codes that symptoms alone.

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The mechanic who worked on my car did a diagnostic and no error codes showed up-- just yesterday my instrument panel lighting went off as well - maybe related?

I believe its time to try someone else with a scan tool or a tool that is better. With these lights on there must be codes stored. The lights are on because the modules are trying to tell you there is a concern and codes are stored to assist in diagnosing this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if you guys totally depend on diagnostics and not experience in thsi kind of situation-- like most tradesman do-- then maybe I made a mistake-- So answer this-- you have never seen thsi happen a KIA? Thats the kind of expertise Im looking for

I have seen issues like these and diagnosed and repaired them. Although your backing me into a corner to post an answer that may not be 100% accurate which I strive to do. This is why most car owners hate going to the shop. To many techs guess rather than diagnose because guessing is on the dime of the car owner and it takes no time out of the techs day.

If that is what you would like me to do for you, thats what I will do, just understand educated guessing is like a casino. It costs alot of money and rarely pays off. I can do alot better than that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am just looking for an experienced KIA mechanic who maybe has seen thsi exact issue (it cant be the first time this has happened in a KIA?) and knows the solution

The most common fix for the ESC light on is the 4x4 shift motor

I hate that you came here wanting and paying for help and appears to me you left not happy, and found my assistance not worth rating. I am still here to help if the problem is your needing more assistance on this concern.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does-- I am not at all convinces that the 4X4 shift motor-- Explain more please.

Any luck on getting it scanned for me so I can help better?