Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

Jaguar s type 2002.I installed a rebuilt trans.whith engine

Customer Question

jaguar s type 2002.I installed a rebuilt trans.whith engine at idle,hard to pull out parking,when pushing the shiffter back to park there is a metalic kliking sound under the shiffter.Whith engine off the shiffting is verry smooth.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Before you go in to the shiftier , try disconnecting the cable from the transmission at the transmission and then start the engine and see if the shiftier now moves smoothly, try this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.