Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

07 Grand Cherokee Laredo. At times Transmission slipps or

Customer Question

07 Grand Cherokee Laredo. At times Transmission slipps or just kicks out. Then other times runs like a dream. Fluid is full and doesn't look burnt.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this here today.

What will cause this issue here that I have seen several times before and had to correct was debris build up in the transmission valve body itself.Just doing a simple transmission fluid drain and refill will not correct this here.In some cases I have had success performing a transmission fluid flush using the correct transmission fluid and a flush machine to free up and remove the debris.In other cases I have had to replace the valve body for this issue here.

If you have not had the fault codes checked this needs done and if no codes are set I would try the transmission flush and see if this corrects the fault.If it does not I suspect the valve body may need replaced as this is fairly common to fail.The transmission will need tested though with special transmission test equipment to be sure this is the cause and to see if any other components are at fault.

This is usually best done by a dealer or transmission repair facility that has experience with this model here.

Let me know if you need anything else here and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete