Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

The last 3 mornings,when i start myratorlee2001 tacoma 4-4

Customer Question

the last 3 mornings,when i start myratorlee2001 tacoma 4-4 and shift to drive, the transmission doesn,t engage until i slowly push on the accellator, it then engages with a jolt . after this the transmission shifts normally the rest off the day..thanks
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Trans_ Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Based on trhe explanation of your request, this sounds like your transmission is not drawing sufficient fluid up on start up. This could be due to a clogged transmission filter/screen, or sticking valves in the valve body. If this vehicle was in my shop, I would be recommending to you, before anything else is done, would be to have a complete transmission fluid flush performed. Not a drain and refill of the pan, but a complete flush. I would also recommend a can of a transmission fluid conditioner be utilized to clean the screen and the valves. 9 times out of ten a good flush will rectify this problem, assuming that you do not have any mechanical problems inside the transmission.