Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

My 97 CL3.0 trans shifts extremely hard with a hesitation

Customer Question

My 97 CL3.0 trans shifts extremely hard with a hesitation not a slip and a hard clunk through every gear.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This fault here is usually caused by debris build up in the transmission valve body itself or a fault mechanically with the valve body with it needing removed and repaired or removed and replaced.I have also seen the pressure control/regulating solenoid act up and cause this as well.All of these here will need to be checked/tested to locate which component is the cause for the fault here and from there repaired to correct this issue.In some cases a simple transmission flush with a flush machine will free up and remove debris to correct this type of fault as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.