Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

When I try to move my truck out of gear why is it so hard

Customer Question

Hey when I try to move my truck out of gear why is it so hard when you mash on the breaks its suppose to release and its not
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

What model 2005 Lincoln do you have?
Do the brake lights work?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

Apply the brakes, if the brake lights do work then when need to move to the shifter to check the shift interlock. You said truck and the closest 05 Lincoln there is to a truck is the Navigator. At the side of the shifter if the red/light green wire is power with the key on and brakes applied, and both black and black/white wires are ground, and the gray/yellow wire is power with the key on. If you get those results, that means the park issue is the interlock worn out which requires replacing the shifter.

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

Hello again, I am sorry you were not pleased with my help.

I hate that you paid to get an answer but left, what appears to me, not satisfied.

Just so you know I am still here and available to help any day. We can start over fresh or just pick up where we left off.

Chris