internal88
internal88, BMW Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Automotive Engineering Degree and also work for an Automotive engineering company since 2003.
63512786

I have a 2008 650i convertible and the transmission gets

Customer Question

I have a 2008 650i convertible and the transmission gets stuck sometimes and revs and there seems to be a delay when the tranny engages. also I have oil coming from the front of the car I do not beat on this car and it has 89000 miles. Extremely frustrated
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon - BMW tech.

The oil from the front is most likely from the oil cooler. I have seen and replaced oil cooler for these 650.

Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

For the tranny- This transmission has a plastic oil pan and is notorious for a leaking electrical connector on the back of the transmission. The electrical connector has an o-ring seal on the outside of the connector and usually requires replacement. Make sure there is no leak on the seal and gasket.

Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

If there is no leak you found then the transmission has a internal clutch pack is burnt and the transmission needs replacement.

Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

The oil cooler replacement job is about $650.

Please rate me positive for the prompt service, thank you!