Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

1995 Ford Probe 5 speed manual transmission. 5th gear pops

Customer Question

1995 Ford Probe 5 speed manual transmission. 5th gear pops out when running. Then later could not shift into 5th gear. So for a while I just used the car without shifting beyond 4th gear. Then one day while in reverse, I could shift out of reverse. So I backed into a parking spot and finally got it to neutral, but no further shifting is possible
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

You are going to find most likely the damage inside the transaxle at the shift rail used by 5th and reverse that moves the shift forks. Do you need diagrams to remove, install and overhaul the trans?

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

I really hate that you came to Just Answer, paid to get an answer, but appears like you left not happy nor pleased with my help. I am still here available to help more. We can start over or just pick up where we left off. Let me know what I can do, so you will be pleased with my assistance.

Chris