Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Reverse is slow and ts hard forward gears pause between if

Customer Question

Reverse is slow and hits hard forward gears pause between if they even go in whats wrong
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Between 2nd and3rd slow if it hits
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

If I understand correct, reverse is slow to engage, drive engages hard, shifts are delayed. Check the fluid, it should be ruby red with no odor. Next would be a line pressure test if you can. For the reverse issues, that normally is the governor, or rear band issue. For the forward issues accumulator seals, band and throttle valve adjustment. For the slow shifts defective clutch, governor, throttle valve, front or rear band issues.

If you were to guess on a part without doing diag, the governor would be the part to replace.

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

I really hate that you came to Just Answer, paid to get an answer, but appears like you left not happy nor pleased with my help. I am still here available to help more. We can start over or just pick up where we left off. Let me know what I can do, so you will be pleased with my assistance.

Chris