Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Originally, I installed a new PNP switch and a rebuilt ABS

Customer Question

Originally, I installed a new PNP switch and a rebuilt ABS module. I reset the codes both OBDII and Transmission. There are no error lights. There is still and error code on the transmission, which reads "1244 1/1 The fault code is not found in the database",
not sure if this is relavant. The code reader I am using is a VOLVO iCarsoft i906 OBD2 Engine Vehicle Diagnostic Tool Code Fault Multi-System OBD-II Scanner. Here is my current issue: When driving the car, it will frequently go into limp mode. I can reset
the codes and it will run just fine, until it enters limp mode again. I again reset and it runs fine again. When checking my scanner, there are no TCM code, less the1244 code that never is cleared. The OBDII fault that shows occasionally, but not always when
the transmission goes into limp mode is; Oxygen sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1. Any ideas on how to resolve this?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that should be done if you can is to have a different scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicle to see if any different or any more codes come up.I have seen in some cases before where some scan tools/computers are not able to read out all fault codes properly and will cause this type of fault here.If you can get this done and post here the codes that come up this will help just let me know.If not let me know as well so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a suggestion for an inexpensive scan tool that will read all the Volvo transmission codes?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

The only one I know of myself that will work and is a good all around scan tool for many models and is far less expensive then other scan tools that do the same is this one here.

http://www.amazon.com/Autel-Automotive-Diagnostic-Analysis-System/dp/B008XN7NUG

Thanks Pete